Important Safety Precautions
- These ceramic gas fire logs are designed to be used with natural gas in “vented” applications only!
- This means that they can only be used in a fireplace designed to burn real wood.
- The fumes generated by burning these logs are toxic and must be exhausted through a vent or chimney.
- The chimney damper must be fully open. Fireplaces with glass doors must be fully open to always allow proper air flow.
The installation of these gas logs, including provisions for combustion and ventilation air, must conform with local codes or, in absence of local codes, with the national fuel gas code, ansi Z223.1-1988 and NFPA54-1988.
These logs are designed to simulate real wood burning. The log set and burner are designed to burn with a yellow flame. It is normal for the logs to accumulate soot. The soot can easily be removed with a vacuum cleaner or a soft brush. The grate installed with your log set is factory painted with high heat black paint. It is not uncommon for the ends of the grate bars to turn white over time with repeated firing. Do not burn wood or any other items with this log set.
So Cal Custom Limited Warranty
Ceramic Gas Logs
California Custom logs carry a limited lifetime warranty against any manufactured defect or breakage when installed indoors. Broken logs will be replaced free of charge to the original purchaser (Customer must pay shipping) and does not include breakage caused by excessive handling or negligence. Ceramic Gas Log Sets installed in Outdoor applications carry a one (1) year warranty.
Burner & Grate
If the burner or grate fail due to defect in manufacture or deterioration within two (2) years of purchase a free replacement will be made to the original purchaser.
All Other Parts
If any assembled part fail work properly due to defect in manufacture within two (2) years of purchase a free replacement will be made to the original purchaser.
What Is Not Covered
- Removal and reinstallation costs.
- Labor costs for replacement or repair.
- Transportation or Shipping Cost.
- Painted Surfaces.
- Damage or defect caused by improper installation, accident, abuse, misuse, alteration.